Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A New Summer

In about one week I am off to Beyond Malibu, a Young Life camp on the beautiful Sunshine Coast of British Columbia. Here, I will be a sea kayaking guide for high school campers who come up to the wilderness for a 7 to 8 day kayak trip in the Jervis and Sea Schelt Inlets. The next two and a half months will be an experience unlike any other I have had. This volunteer position demands long hours, physical, mental and spiritual strength but I am very excited to see how my weeks will unfold.

It is bittersweet to leave my family, friends and the city of Bellingham I love so much but very exciting to paddle into an uncharted adventure that I know will grow so much from.

Base camp, Malibu Landing, has no phone service but fortunately I do have internet access so I will try my best to write about all that I am experiencing.

Until next time...

"Live as if you will die tomorrow, dream as if you will live forever." James Dean

Check out Beyond Malibu at www.beyondmalibu.younglife.org

4 comments:

  1. Be Safe..Be Warm... and follow your dreams! Dad xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you rach! Can't wait to hear about your new adventures. Take care sweeethart, you are in good hands. love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sweetie.. thanks for the email and update..good to know you are safe. Have fun on the 10 day trip and talk to you when you get back...be safe...Dad xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a bright light in this world, touching lives wherever you go. I am proud that you are my daughter. I miss you and love you so much, mom.

    ReplyDelete